Thursday, July 09, 2009

Are you a Browncoat?

I'm a little pissed off.

OK, scratch that, I'm a lot pissed off.

I'm pissed off for two reasons. First, why hadn't I heard of or seen Firefly until recently, and second what idiot made the decision to cancel it after 14 episodes?

OK, I know I'm pretty late to the game on this. I mean the show is from 2002 and the movie came out in 2005 and I didn't watch a single episode of the show until this past week. But as I said, that's one of the reasons I'm ticked off.

But after watching all 14 episodes in a row on Hulu, I'm wondering who thought it was a good idea to cancel it just as it was getting really interesting.

I mean, WTF!?!?!?

Now I'm jonesing for more and wondering how to get my hands on the Serenity movie, seeing as I can't order it offline, I don't rent movies, and I don't think there are any video stores nearby that keep it stocked.

I've fallen in love with the show so quickly, I've been wading through pretty crappy fan fiction just to try and get my fix. (speaking of fanfic, Mal/River? srsly?).

But then again, I'm still flying.

It really doesn't help that this show has sent me into full on geek mode when I'm already in pretty serious geek mode over the new Harry Potter movie coming out in six days.

Oh yeah, and speaking of Harry Potter, I did a Harry Potter movie marathon and watched all 5 of the movies to get ready for the new one. Then I decided to go back and read the books again since it's been a while. (a few years at least since I read the first book, and the only time I read the last one was when it came out.) It's annoying going back to reading the books and remembering everything they changed for the movies. I'm so mad at myself for forgetting about Peeves. I mean, who can forget Peeves? Hollywood and me apparently.

1 comment: